THE ATTIC ONE ACT FESTIVAL
SUBMIT TO THE ONE ACT FESTIVAL
Entries can be submitted via email ONLY. Email your script as a PDF to:
In the body of your message, please include
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your phone number
- Title of the play
- That you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the contest, listed below.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
The deadline for the 2012 ONE-ACT FESTIVAL is MAY 1, 2012.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting to this contest, you agree that:
1) Your script adheres to the contest guidelines, meaning:
- You are the sole owner of the play.
- Your play has not previously been professionally produced.
- Your script is intended for mature audiences.
- Your one act is no longer than 30 minutes in length.
- Your manuscript is formatted in the correct stage play form.
2) If selected, you give the Attic Theatre Ensemble the right to produce your work in our 2010 Festival.
3) The Attic Theatre Ensemble shall select the director, cast and artistic staff for the production.
4) If your play is selected for production and you have significantly revised your place since your submission, The Attic reserves the right to produce the originally submitted script if it deems it more appropriate for the festival.
4) If your play is selected, The Attic Theatre Ensemble will be listed as first producer, and you will include the following credit on a separate page immediately after the title page of any and all published, photocopied or otherwise reproduced versions of the play, in a style comparable to that given the same persons in Samuel French or Dramatists Play Service publications of plays:
[play title] was produced originally by the Attic Theatre Ensemble as part of the One Act Marathon [year] in Hollywood, California, during [month and year] with [the producers, director, designers, cast members and other personnel responsible for the said production.]
5) In any subsequent stage productions, on the title page of programs you will print in not less than six (6) point type, the following:
"[play title] was produced originally by James Carey for the Attic Theatre Ensemble, Hollywood, California, in [year] . "
6) If your play is selected as a finalist of this contest, an exclusive option for a six (6) month period beginning from first day of performance at the Attic Theatre Ensemble to pursue a possible legitimate run. If The Attic Theatre validly exercises its option to produce a legitimate production, then The Attic Theatre and you (or your representative) shall negotiate a contract in good faith, bearing in mind the customary practice and the customary terms and conditions for such productions.
7) During the option period, The Attic Theatre will mount a production of your play at the Attic Theatre and Film Center in Hollywood, California, which will be an A.E.A. 99 seat plan production and which will not operate as an exercise of the option contained herein.
[SUBMIT ONLINE] [SELECTION] [GUIDELINES] [PAST WINNERS]