2011 One Act Festival
For 20 years, the Attic Theatre’s One-Act Festival has provided playwrights with the unique opportunity to see their work leap from page to stage, with the help of some of L.A.’s finest theatre & film professionals. Out of the hundreds of entries submitted to the Festival, between three and six of the strongest contenders will be selected to receive productions in the 2011 ONE-ACT FESTIVAL. A panel of judges selected by the artistic staff of the Attic Theatre Ensemble will choose the two best plays of the festival. The first place winner will receive $300.00 and the second place winner will receive $150.00 in prize money. Additional plays may receive Honorable Mention at the judge’s discretion.
2012 THEME: LINES IN THE SAND
The world is full of human-made divisions: gender, economic, political, religious, sexual to name a few. This year we are looking for plays that explore these lines in the sand.
What divides us?
What keeps us together?
What happens when we cross those lines?
ONE–ACT SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Scripts should be intended for mature audiences.
- Scripts should speak to the theme above.
- Scripts must be original one-act plays no longer than 30 (thirty) minutes in length (playing time).
- Author must own the copyright for the script (no adaptations will be accepted, unless the source material is in the public domain).
- We will not accept scripts that have been previously produced.
- Only one entry per writer, please.
- Scripts should require a maximum of 5 actors for performance.
- Include a summary of the story on the title page.
[Submit to the 2012 Festival Online]
Deadline: May 1, 2012. Click to read theme.
[Guidelines] [Selection Process] [Past Winners]